1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Common problem burning mds with alcohol 120% but no solution

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by lorshas, Oct 6, 2004.

1. lorshas

lorshas Member

her is a problem i have . i searched around the deferent forums and found other people with the same problem but nobody who understands them or able to help .

i have an empty Verbatim dvd-r in my Sony dvd burner and alcohol 120% installed ,and a PS2 backup game in the form of mds

The problem is:

_i do all the steps in alcohol 120% , but then i get to a screen where it asks for an empty disk, but there is a dvd already in the Sony dvd burner and it recognizes their is an empty dvd but nothing happens afterward i get stuck her and i don't get to the burning screen

And i tried :

-IsoBuster,MagicISO,DVD Decrypter,RecordNow,nero

-i converted it to ISO and tried burning it to a dvd but didn't work

-i burned the ISO successfully to a CD and tried it on my PS2 ,i got the PLAYSTATION screen but then it gets blank

PS: i just got my dvd burner but didn't get burn any thing.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

are you trying to burn a 1:1 backup of a dvd based game to dvdr or is it a dvd rip you are trying to burn? what game are you trying to burn, how big is the image file?

3. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

4. lorshas

lorshas Member

i downloaded the Firmware and instead of "empty disc" i get "no disc" , but there is an empty dvd in the burner

and I'm trying to burn a ps2 dvd game 360mb

5. manjero

manjero Member

You should try burning it with an empty cdr/w and not a DVD-r and it worked for me in some cases. I have the same problem with several images that are larger than 700 MB so if someone knows why or how to fix it, please post it here

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

360mb ain't no dvd game, it might be a dvd-rip and in that case you need to burn it to cdr not dvdr