1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Communism is alive at afterdawn!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Faluke, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Faluke

Faluke Member

Hello all, this is Kafluke. (and no I’m not worried about the mods contacting my ISP and reporting me LOL. Seriously guys. Come on!)

Hey, even a convicted felon gets his chance to testify in court but they didn’t bother to even let me defend myself before they permanently banned me. No mods have responded to my feedback emails either so this is the best way to say what I have to say.

I’m really disappointed at the new direction that afterdawn is going. I’ve been a member of these boards for a few years now and have been a contributing member of the psp-scene, the gamecube and ds scene, the xbox-scene and most recently, the wii forums. I’ve helped countless people find solutions to their issues and have been a great resource as I have been contributing to the homebrew scene for over 10 years now. (dates back to original playstation) I’m not telling you any of this to toot my own horn. There are tons of members on here that are far more qualified to call themselves experts than me. I’m telling you all this so that you know just how quick they were to boot me to the curb without even giving me a chance. I’ve never even been suspended for a week, two, few days… nothing! Just BAM! Your gone! So nobody is safe.

Also, I’m not telling you this because I’m out for revenge or anything like that. The forums on here are great. Very useful and full of great people. It’s the mods that I’m concerned about and these aren’t the only forums on the web. So they can go ahead and ban me and threaten me and delete my post or whatever they feel they want to do, but I just wanted to put this out as a warning.

I’ve made a lot of good friends and contacts on here over the years, and it’s them that I’m worried about. Some 13 year old kid can get on here and start spouting out nonsense from anywhere and everywhere on the web and you attempt to correct him and save others from his BS and you get banned. It’s okay to lie, exaggerate, offend and mislead all you want, but if you happen to know that this is happening and you tell the kid to shut it. BOOM! It’s goodbye forever.

And please, don’t tell me that you warned me because anybody could argue that those “warnings” were too general in nature to take as a threat. Let me give you an example. This kid, TabletPC started just such a thread where he was off the deep end about something regarding burning cd’s or whatnot and about 6 people told him to bugger off, including a MOD! Then this other mod posts that “some people could use some time off”. When I was banned by Nephilim, he cited that there were multiple warnings by ddp. Please Nephilim, do us all a big favor and quote me those specific warnings to me. You won’t find any warnings that could arguably be defined as specific toward the user “Kafluke”. Do you really find this fair?

I doubt that you’ll even let the post exist after you read it first. I have just one question for you. How many people have you banned because of tabletpc? Doesn’t basic math logic tell you that when there are multiple people complaining about one user that you should look into the posts by that user instead of banning the contributing members that are complaining? Just a question.

It’s just sad really. I’ve enjoyed these forums and I’ve done my fair share of contributing. I hate to see this happen to afterdawn. Before I go I want to leave you with the actual post that he banned me for and you be the judge. Happy trails everybody. It’s been fun!

Kafluke:

Quote:

Nephilim:

There was no excuse for that after all the warnings that have been given. Bans will be permanent from here on in.

That was it!

Communism is alive at Afterdawn!

2. paul91

paul91 Regular member

well thats ashame that you got banned coz ive seen you helping people but they must have had a good reason to PERMANANTLY ban you from the site

3. Faluke

Faluke Member

Yeah, you'd think so wouldn't ya

4. paul91

paul91 Regular member

well lets just hope that your new account doesnt get banned ;)

5. Faluke

Faluke Member

They are welcome to ban me. I don't care. I just wanted to get my 2 cents and before I go. And also warn all my friends on here to not EVER try and correct a mispost. THats something that they don't put up with here at afterdawn.

cya.

6. paul91

paul91 Regular member

arent you going to try and stick it out with your new account?

7. Faluke

Faluke Member

no need, I don't want to be a part of a forum where you're banned without warning or suspensions. There's better places on the web where you can speak your mind and be allowed to correct others.

8. paul91

paul91 Regular member

im sure if you talk to one of the mods you can come to an agreement or they might even admit they were wrong :D

9. Faluke

Faluke Member

tried. Sent email to feedback but no response.

*edit*
    just found a response that said, "there's nothing I can do"

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  10. paul91

paul91 Regular member

oh well :( maybe ill see you on another website one day lol

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  11. Faluke

Faluke Member

thanks buddy. You too