1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COMP USA DVD-Rs

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Twista, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Twista

Twista Member

Has anyone had the experience with generic COMP USA DVD-Rs? I just purchased them and haven't opened the box... they were pretty darn cheap for a measly $7 bucks for $10. I just want to know if anyone here has tried them out or had some good/bad experiences because I could always return them. Oh yeah, is there anyone that knows a website that sells Riteks in ten packs. Thanks.

2. btwell

btwell Guest

my bro has using these and hasn't had any problems with movies or xbox games
    he uses a pioneer burner, a05 i think

3. redcap

redcap Member

I am using compusa dvd-r, they rate 1x but with my pioneer a05 and 133 firmware they burn at 2x

4. Twista

Twista Member

Great! I appreciate the responses! redcap: mine are those 1x too... do you know if i can burn at 2x too if i update the firmware on my sony DW-U10A?

5. redcap

redcap Member

Dont know if it works 2x with sony, but when i use compusa dvd-r with decrypter, it tell me it a princo dvd__X_X_X_X_X_[small]RedCap[/small]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2003
  6. DarkFoss

DarkFoss Guest

My brother-in-law bought me a stack for my b-day. Haven't had 1 coaster yet. I've been burning them at 2x speed with Nero 5x on my Memorex Duel X-1.

7. beaker

beaker Member

I've tried a batch of DVD+Rs and haven't had any problems yet. Not sure about the longevity though.

8. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Comp USA DVD's are Princo DVD's they read 1x because they only Guarntee at 1x but actually burn at 2x

9. jay33

jay33 Regular member

.70 cents each is pretty steep for Princo DVD-R. I got some for .20 cents each and they work great. You paid too much.

10. morrow52

morrow52 Guest

I also picked up a ten pack of CompUSA DVD-R's for $7.99. I have had mixed results with these, as I have had some copies come out great, but out of the first 8 I have burned, 3 of them have had stuttering video towards the end of the movie. I backed up "Open Range" on 2 seperate discs, and one had the stuttering video, where as the other did not experience that problem. I wish CompUSA sold Ritek's, as I would love to get my hands on some.

11. rick5446

rick5446 Guest