1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compaq Presario SR5113WM Desktop PC w/ AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 3600+

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by knb023, Oct 2, 2007.

1. knb023

knb023 Member

Do you think this computer is any good? How does it compare with intel as ghz wise. Im never good at seeing whats equivalent. Im looking for a cheap end computer with at least 2.6ghz. And not real familiar with the amd. I did read through most of that post that is stickied. but kind of got off topic. Any help would be appreciated..thanks in advance.

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The X2 3600+ is the entry level dual core CPU from AMD. It performs approximately equal to a 3.2-3.4Ghz Pentium D (such as the D940, D950), but it uses less power and puts out less heat.
    The CPU will be adequate for most uses. What will the PC be used for?

3. knb023

knb023 Member

Nothing too major. I do some photoshop work, movie editing (little), a lot of music stuff.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

You should be fine then, just make sure you have enough RAM.

5. knb023

knb023 Member

Thank you.......Could you tell me if this video card could be upgraded in this machine?

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Probably, but it's unlikely you'd be able to do it without voiding the warranty, and it may require a better power supply to be installed as well. If you want something with more graphics power, get something that's got a better graphics card to start with, or get a custom-built PC.