1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compaq Presario, taking off the case?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by corn, Jan 27, 2008.

1. corn

corn Guest

I am thinking about upgrading my Xboxes hard drive, following Chuckheads tutorial, and I need to take off the PC case. I have no clue how to, the PC is a Compaq Presario desktop, and I got awhile back, it looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    I know it snaps off, because I have seen my dad do it, but I don't know how to take it off myself.
    Anyways,
    Any help is appreciated.

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

1. Take the side door off as usual.
    2. Locate the drive door lock inside the chassis.
    3. Rotate the lock to the down position to unlock the upper front panel door.
    4. Press the indentation located on the lower front panel to open the lower door.
    5. Grasp under the bottom of the upper front panel door, lift up, and gently remove from the hooks. (Tip: The upper front panel door has finger holes.)
    6. Remove any of the bay components by pressing both sides of the drive rails. There are no screws.

This was based off a Presario 5000,

You could also find your manaual online from the compaq
    website, which will offer details as to how to get in and out of your box clean.

http://h18027.www1.hp.com/athome/support/msgs/uWave/1Cntrls.html

This has to be the worst case for maintenance that I've ever run into. Pop-rivets instead of screws everywhere! Compaq must have saved, gee, at least $0.01 for each screw that was replaced by a pop-rivet....

3. corn

corn Guest

Lol, thanks. I don't like it, either feels like it might brake haha.

Thanks.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a windows issue. what is the model# of that presario?