1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

compaq

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Pharoh, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Pharoh

Pharoh Member

i know i should just build a new one but i want to swap the cases for a newer better and a case with more space for hdd upgrades and a better cooling system, the presario case is too small to fit more than two hdd's and no room for more than one fan.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ok, so what do you want to do

3. Pharoh

Pharoh Member

4. ianski7

ianski7 Guest

Hey

Most mid to high quality cases have mounting points for ATX and Micro ATX motherboards. If your Compaq case is very small it most likely contains a Micro ATX
    board. You should find out if the case you want can take your board--it boils down to if the screw holes line up--which they should but if you buy online you better make sure.

If your going to add stuff you should get a decent quality power supply as your old one may be inadequate or wont fit.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2004
  5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

watch your power supply as new one might not fit into compaq board, found that out on a customer's compaq when motherboard died & tried to use a regular board in its place. power supply connector was 2 pins wider tha normal

Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  6. ianski7

ianski7 Guest

Hey

you may run into the problem ddp suggested and another hitch may be that your boards connections may not line up with the back of new case.