1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compatibility? Roxio Drag-to-Disc with Shrink & Decryptor

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by FrankinWA, Sep 4, 2004.

1. FrankinWA

FrankinWA Member

There has been much said about 321 Studio's products and other software that interferes with 321's stuff (e.g., the Blacklist.)

Have any of you had problems with Roxio's Drag-to-Disc (EZ Media Creator 7) installed (whether running or not running) and Decrypter and Shrink?

Thanks

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Drag To Disc is a packet writing app that can definitely interfere with other burning apps. Most burning apps need exclusive access to the drive to work properly but packet writing apps interfere with this since part of how they work is by constantly keeping access to the drive.

If you've no use for Drag To disc I'd suggest uninstalling it. Other than that there isn't much that interferes with Shrink or Decrypter :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Got Indie? http://cdbaby.com/

My Movies! http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rephaim[/small]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2004
  3. michigan

michigan Guest

Roxio causes a lot of problems if you are using Nero to burn. Also INCD (part of Nero 6) does not play nice with Shrink, but I think thats it

Oh yeah and SP2 seems to being causing lots of problems with Shrink on some systems but not all

4. michigan

michigan Guest

Roxio causes a lot of problems if you are using Nero to burn. Also INCD (part of Nero 6) does not play nice with Shrink, but I think thats it

Oh yeah and SP2 seems to being causing lots of problems with Shrink on some systems but not all

5. FrankinWA

FrankinWA Member

Thanks Fellows,

I wasn't sure how packet writing worked and didn't realize that it did its thing by sitting in the background and interrogating the drive all the time.

I uninstalled Drag-to-Disc. As much as I liked it, no sense asking for other problems. For me at least, Decryptor and Shrink have lived up to the praise so often given in the Forum. Copies, even from large files on dual layer discs, come out about as good as the original.

I use Roxio's Easy Media Creator 7 to burn the disc, and so far, so good. I seem not to need the ImgTool, because Media Creator builds the disc directly from the output of Shrink.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Anytime :)

Don't be a stranger.