1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

compatible dvd-r media with Playstation 2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tony140, Jan 20, 2003.

1. tony140

tony140 Member

I recently got Sony dru500a, and have been burning a lot since. I have used Verbatim Dvd+r for my backup games and Ritek 1x for my backup movies.

All the games work fine, but I have seen mixed results with Ritek backup movies.

I burned some video files to dvd with Ulead Dvd Workshop and they played fine. Then I backed up Goldmember and I saw some skipping, even though the disc plays fine on my Apex 3201.

Please list what media has worked for you with backup movies (especially if you used Ritek, I've read conflicting posts on if this is good ps2 media) and plays on Playstation 2. Also, please list Ps2 version and what chip (if any) you use.

Thanks,
    Anthony

2. tony140

tony140 Member

Here is an update to my skipping problem. I remembered that I sometimes have skipping problems with original dvd videos, so I decided to keep trying different boot methods with my backup of Goldmember. Finally, I found a way to consistantly boot Goldmember without skipping. I start the Ps2 like normal (single tap on reset button), then when it goes to the red screen saying "please insert Psx or Ps2 format disc", I hold the eject button until the tray opens, then I close it with Goldmember inside, and there it is, no skipping, every time. This taught me not to be so quick to blame media for my problems. This is a strange remedy, but it works.