1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compilation won't work! HELP!!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by PennRon, Apr 25, 2005.

1. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

hi:

I have been making compilations of various files for awhile now but all of a sudden I am running into a problem. I am using the latest shrink and decrypter programs.

I started with a file I named comp1. I used the re-author on shrink and made up 10 titles. I then read in another ISO file and started to add them to the original comp1 by dragging them to the left side. I named that comp2. This went on ok until I tried to make comp6 last nite. There are about 80 titles with various ones having (2) next to them if the titles names are the same.

I then backed it up in shrink making it comp6.iso. Now the Dvd plays in my home dvd player with the first title but then it shuts down. In other words in doesnt go to the next title but itself. I have to restart by pressing play and manually skip to each next title. it worked ok up to comp5.

Also, after I back it up with shrink as an ISO file and quit shrink, then restart shrink and try to load the comp6.iso file I get an error which says "DVD SHRINK ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR AN CANNOT CONTINUE. "FAILED TO SEEK IN FILE "ISO FILE". I have tried also writing the comp6 file to the hard drive as a folder (not iso) and used IMGTOOL to burn it. Same exact results. Also WINDVD will not play the imgtool file or the dvd at all. just freezes.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Just a thought, probably won't help much, but have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Shrink? That's what I do sometimes when programs get goofy and you'd be surprised at how often it works.

3. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

hi:

Thanks but I tried re-installing. I do remember that I did one thing differently. The dvd that I'm having a problem with I read in with decrypter and not shrink. I always use shrink to read in the dvd then do a re-author and trim everything i dont want off. But this time the ISO file I'm reading into shrink was created by decrypter.

So I'll try reading the iso file that I created with decrypter into shrink and compress it and try re-authoring that file.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I don't have a clue here. That might be the problem, but I doubt it.

5. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

Hi:

Yep. Ur right. Decrypter was not the problem. I've literally been messing around with this all day. Now shrink will read the compilation files I'm making and even windvd will play them correctly. But my sony dvd player all of a sudden wont play the titles consecutively. I dont get it cause it played them for the last year properly.

Another point is that I am using dvd+RW (4 different ones), but I always have used them and erased them and re-used them with no problems. OKAY, guess I'll try a dvd-r or +r just to eliminate the media as a problem. Regards...

6. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

hi:

Eureka! I've found the problem. Research is a wonderful thing. I did a google search on the error which brought me back to these forums in a FAQ section. While many of you may know this, I didn't. You can only have 99 titles on a dvd. I had exceeded the limit. I had about 126.

So now after I make a compilation with 99 titles Shrink will read in the file with no problem. Then I burn it with decrypter and so far so good. Even though I can't add anymore titles I wanted Shrink to be able to read it because when it was giving me the ISO error I knew something was wrong!

However, my dvd player still didn't go chapter after chapter. I went into the dvd settings (Sony DVP-NS725P) and found a setting to shuffle titles or chapters. It only stays on for that session (till u power off) but its very simple to turn on. Once I set it to shuffle either title or chapter it works perfectly. If I have the shuffle turned off it will play the first title and then just go to stop. Problem solved! Thanks much. Regards...