1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compiling

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Davzy, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Davzy

Davzy Member

I have just D/L'd something and it has 36 files with no installer, the files have NO extension and i have no idea how to COMPILE it so that i can install it. Any ideas people

Thanks in advance

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

With the paltry amount of info you provided, 99.999999999999999% of the time WINRAR is the answer. Download, install it. Then select the first file in that dir, right click, select extract, then enjoy your free pirated file.

3. Davzy

Davzy Member

tried winrar, right clicked but had no option of extract! the files have no extensions except the number of the file eg:"hr-gtg.009", i tried to select winrar as the program that opens that file type but nothing works

tell me what you need to know and i will provide you with the info u need to resolve my issue

this is file number 1 ---[100%]--[All-files-CRC-OK]--[36-files]--[TLF-BT NO 1]-

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

those are rar files. so open winrar, go to the directory that contains all of the files you want to extract. select every single one of the 36 files you have downloaded. Then click extract, its a button on the top tool bar. that should do it.

5. Davzy

Davzy Member

sorry to be dumb here, but i have done what you said, it is working but i have a message that the folder already contains the fille hr-gtg-bin, do i overwrite or do them seperatley, if i overwrite will it replace the file or add to it

6. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

overwrite will replace the file. What was the file you downloaded?

7. Davzy

Davzy Member

garage to glory, it came with 36 seprate files that i am extracting, can i make them 1 big one?

8. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

No, all you need to do is extract the complete file from the split files you have. I can't really explain it better than I did above.
    Try this(assuming you're using windows):
    Start>programs>winrar>
    in winrar, navigate until you come upon the dir that contains all the split files you have.
    double click on the first file, xxx.001 or what ever it is called. That should open the file, and show the complete 'garage to glory' file. on the top tool bar, there is a box that says 'extract'. click it and extract to your prefered folder.

9. ag22

ag22 Regular member

I had DLed 2 of the same files. Both with the same name. I stopped one early becuz of slow DL speeds. When I tried to open the one I stopped, the same thing happened to me. Are you sure its the right file?

10. Davzy

Davzy Member

inside EVERY file is "hr-gtg-BIN" and i cannot extract them into the same destination folder as each other, i am at a loss here, i thank you for your patience balaam, u have been great, is there any other way, like a program that creates torrent files and puts them back together. also what is a SFV file, i opened that and it had codes for all the split files

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  11. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

An sfv file is a master list, which allows you to check to see if you have all the files you need to recombine the archive. It also allows you to check the file size and see if the files have been modified since they were created. Don't worry about the SFV file.

See, hr-gtg-BIN is the big file, which was rar'ed and compressed, then that rar was split. This is the way almost all large files are traded over most networks. You have to select ONE file, the first one, and winrar will automatically uncompress and recombine it the complete large that is inside the rar's. There is no other program to use. There is no other way to do it.

12. Davzy

Davzy Member

so then how do i make them 1 file again, winrar does not seem to be recombining them, there is no 1 particular "MASTER" file, just a file that has the name "---[100%]--[All-files-CRC-OK]--[36-files]--[TLF-BT NO 1]-" it has nothing in it at all!

the SFV says i have all the pieces!

i extract, and it just wants to overwrite the file before it ie: "hr-gtg already excists do you want to overwrite it"

it just seems to me that from what you say it SHOULD recompile it all into 1 file, but it is not???????

13. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

what type of file are you trying to extract?

14. Davzy

Davzy Member

i have 36 "SPLIT FILES" with NO EXTENSION! ie: hr-gtg.001, 002 ..... 036 if u understand! inside each .00# file is "hr-gtg.bin and hr-gtg.cue" i am trying to EXTRACT hr-gtg.001, no probs but when i try to extract hr-gtg.002 in the same destination it asks me to overwrite the excisting one which hr-gtg.bin and .cue, ARE YOU WITH ME?

15. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Dude, I explained it in my first post. you don't extract each one. only the first, and winrar does the rest for you. now that you have the bin and cue files extracted, you can burn them with your prefered burning app.

16. Davzy

Davzy Member

thats is my problem, win rar is not doing the rest for me

17. Davzy

Davzy Member

ok ok ok, i finally got it to work, THANKS A LOT, i just used alcohol to install it, reall THANKS A HEAP sorry for gettin tedious on you there, i could tell by the "DUDE" comment you were sick of me

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005