1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complete Beginner

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Techmajor, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Techmajor

Techmajor Guest

Okay Im new to this whole mod-chip thing. Im just starting to get into the making back-up's. I have checked the swap discs, and the mod-chips read the pro's and con's. I want to go with a Non swap Mod-Chip a soldered one is best for me i think. I have a PS2 Slim SCHP-75001 the only thing is i need help getting the right one. I've seen some for 49-69 bucks, but I have a friend that got one for 20 bucks. That works just fine, but he has a older PS2. So I need to know what will work for me price doesn't matter, but cheaper is better. I have read so many formus on here, but i need a for sure answer.

2. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

Solder mod chips are very risky, you face the risk of messing up your ps2. And if you do, there is no turning back.

I highly suggest you look into the swap magic methods.

3. Techmajor

Techmajor Guest

Thanks for the heads up, but I looked in to all the things that can go wrong. I'm ready for the challenge plus Im an electrical major so I have had my time soldering.