1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complete Noob but I now Instructions.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by BabyCryer, Feb 17, 2007.

1. BabyCryer

BabyCryer Member

Ok, I have a TA-82 w/ the 2.80 firmware. Now I've read the instructions and done everything asked to do and either I did it wrong or I dont know what's suppsed to happen. First thing I did was format my mem. stick then connected my psp via usb to my computer. Second I gathered the Hen 280, the TA-82 downgrader, and the Eboot 1.50. After that I copied the file within the MS ROOT in the Hen folder which is a PSP folder to the root of the stick, it asked me if I want to replace and I said yes. Now I open the downgrader file and I'm supposed to copie the contents within the MSROOT which is also a psp folder to the root of my memory stick and it ask me if I wnat to replace it and I click yes. Last I rename the EBOOT.PDP file to UPDATE.PDP and copy that to the PSP/GAME/UPADTE folder. Now I unplug my usb connect. and go to the photo and I'm suposed to enter in the hen 280 (which is there) and I hit enter and all that happens is a picture of a big hen pops out nothing else. I guess my screen was supposed to change colors but no. That didn't work so I read and if it is a TA-82 I'm supposed to go and run the TA 82 IDStorage Change and it supposed to get my psp ready for downgrading but all it says is The game could not be started.(80020148). Another thing the file PSP Update ver XYZ is in red dont know if thats good or bad thought I should bring it up. OK this is what I'm dealing with and befor I try to downgrade I want to know if I'm doing everything right. Please Help, I don't wanna brick my psp. Thanks and I hope I made this topic clear and easy to understand what I'm saying.

2. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

I downgraded a 2.80 ta-082 for a friend the other day so I'm here to help you. If hen at first doesnt work and it just freezes, keep trying until the screen changes color. If the screen color is red, dont worry, it means that hen couldn't write the files that where needed. Your psp screen should be a light color and if it worked, the psp should then restart. If you want to make sure it worked, go check your firmware and it should say 2.80 HEN. After that, FIRST and MOST importantly, run IDStorage changer, if you run the downgrader first, you WILL brick your psp. So first its IDStorage changer then the downgrader. Follow all the instructions and you should see a blue screen, press O and you will be 1.50. If not, then you did something wrong.

3. BabyCryer

BabyCryer Member

i think i screwed up. I formated the stick and restored the settings and then i checked the version and now its at 2.81. is it still ok or did i f**k up.

4. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

If its 2.81, you CANNOT downgrade with this. That means you need to use the 3.03 noobz downgrader (google it) and you need an unpatched gta lcs (it has to have update to 2.00, if its 2.60 then that wont work) to downgrade it.