1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

completely confused with DTS

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by Zachius, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Zachius

Zachius Member

Ok, to start with I have a Montego DDL soundcard with optical cable, and a Logitech z5500 speaker system that has dts hardware decoding, and I am running Windows Vista. Whenever listening to music or doing anything with audio the screen on the logitech thing says "Pro logic II". When I try to play a dvd in dts in media center, it won't let me select dts in the dvd menu, and once again I'm stuck with pro logic II. I have DDL 5.1 encoding set on the soundcard, because it doesnt want to stay on s/pdif 48khz when I try to set it to it.
    Please someone tell me where I am going wrong, I have searched many forums and it is only making me more confused.

Thanks

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Your player MUST support DTS playback. I'm not familiar with Vista, and the Media Center, but I doubt that support for DD and DTS came as a standard feature.
    I never found a free one...... I ended up getting WinDVD. You can download the free trial here, to see if it works for you:
    http://www.intervideo.com/WinDVD/
    Good luck!

3. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Media Player Classic will do the job.
    VLC will do the job.