1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Completely New To PS3 Modding

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by outtatime, Jun 26, 2011.

1. outtatime

outtatime Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2011
  2. whompus

whompus Active member

Yes that guide will do the trick. You might also want to read up on fixing some newer games to run on 3.55. Also get deans eboot fix and ps3 sfo edit. Or just be ready to search for the fixes some folks have made.

3. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

The guide has everything to install cfw on your console, so long as it is still on 3.55; if it's above then you are out of luck.

Only thing missing is how to run backups. download the latest multiman from http://psx-scene.com/forums/f192/mu...me-manager-file-manager-ftp-avchd-bdmv-72826/ The full version also comes with game covers

You will also need to get bdemu2 in order to play backups and use other features, only needed for multiman not other managers; but multiman is the best there is now.

4. outtatime

outtatime Guest

Cool thanks for the replies.

I'll do some more research today on it and check those links.

If I need to be on 3.55 then I'm assuming I can't go online with CFW. Bummer.

Thanks again.

5. PS3fun

PS3fun Member

Yes, install a kmeaw V3.55 CFW and then mutliman manager then enjoy your game, and yes, CFW =No PSN

6. outtatime

outtatime Guest

Unfortunately I'm on 3.65, damn... :)

7. jason9091

jason9091 Member

Let me get this straight. So you can't burn a copy of your ps3 game and play the backup with this firmware? You have to copy the game to a external or flash drive...then install this firmware, then the backup will play? New to ps3 modding...Sorry

8. sutran

sutran Regular member

I didn't want to start a new threat, my question is when i'm playing a back up and is asking for update what should I do? God of War and Borderlands I'm still able to playbut keep asking for update.

9. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

Update to firmware or update patch for the game itself?

Firmware, say no, if you clicked yes and it's now on 3.56+ you need to buy an e3flasher to downgrade now.

Game patch, check to see if the patch works of cfw. If you install a 3.6x+patch accidentally remove all game data for that game (you can keep saves I think) from the ps3 hdd. Then start the game again and reinstall data but then click no when it asks to update.