1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Completely Uninstall DVDXCopy Platinum

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by gocusluvr, Apr 28, 2004.

1. gocusluvr

gocusluvr Guest

Hi there,

I have a copy of DVDXCopy Platinum 4.0.3.8 and when I uninstall via Control Panel and then reinstall to make sure that everything is removed I can still get back into DVDXCopy Platinum without having to
    re-enter the registration key etc.

I would appreciate if someone could help me with uninstalling this program completely.

Regards

Curtis M.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2004
  2. ellizit

ellizit Guest

Have you tried using the actual DVD X Copy Uninstall file (Start > Programs > DVDXCopy Platinum > Uninstall)? This method worked for me when I uninstalled the software a while back, then when I went back a few weeks later to re-install it, I had to enter the registration key and everything again. Good Luck!

3. gocusluvr

gocusluvr Guest

Hi there,

No that did not work for me at all.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Regards

Curtis

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

You can try this. click start, run, regedit, and those registries will be in two places HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE/SOFTWARE/321STUDIOS, and HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/321STUDIOS. And sorry for the caps, I'm not meaning to shout :) that's just how it looks in the window.

5. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

RE: gocusluvr
    The uninstall method via control panel is the first step.
    If uninstalling platinum, be sure to unistall DVD XRescue as well.
    There are two more.
    Open my computer, then to the drive that the 321 folder is located which is usually C:
    Open the program files folder/then delete the 321 folder, ONLY IF, you have no other XCpoy programs ,because this is where they will be located. If you own DVD Xcopy Platinum, then DVD XRescue will be in the 321 folder and it is OK to delete the folder.
    Now go to the recycle bin and delete any files that in there. Reboot your pc twice.
    Now the program has been correctly uninstalled.
    Be certain that when re-installing, your anti-virus & firewall software is disabled!!

6. gocusluvr

gocusluvr Guest

Hello,

Well I tried without disabling my anti virus program and it still did not work.

I then deleted the program folders and then reinstalled and then disabled Norton then uninstalled and it still did not ask for the key.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

RGDS

Curtis M.

7. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

DvdXcopy Platinum will ask me for my ID and password after I use my recovery CD or my Quick restore CD. I never tryed a system restore. If you do one for the first 2 you will have to enter you ID and password.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. If you don't ask you will never know.[/small]

Last edited: May 30, 2004
  8. dano28

dano28 Guest

Yep.. If there are ANY residual Platinum files you will not be asked to register. The only time I was asked was when I installed a new hard drive. If you are thinking the program isn't doing a proper install unless you do the registration, I think you may be mistaken. Yesterday I upgraded from 3.0.1 to 4.0.3.8 and wasn't prompted to register and my Platinum is working fine now.

9. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

Current or old registry entries will allow you to re-install without entering key info.
    If you want, use a registry cleaner to clean your registry and the xcopy entries wil be removed.
    You then will have to enter the key information.

Uninstalling does not remove such entires.

10. gocusluvr

gocusluvr Guest

321sucker,

Do you have any recommendations for a registry cleaner?

I assume that one that I would want to use would be that one that would make sure that the program is still installed and if it is not remove the corresponding keys associated with the now removed program?

I await your reply in this matter.

RGDS & TIA

Curtis M.

11. Yordan

Yordan Guest

Do a search for RegScrubXP I thnik the latest version is 3.25 It`s a free tool and very easy to use, it also has some good tips on Windows XP