1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Completing dash update with spoofed drive?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by evilwise, Oct 26, 2011.

1. evilwise

evilwise Member

I'm working on a 360 that is stuck on the update.

It has a Hitachi drive in it, but it is spoofed as a BenQ

The Hitachi is labeled as a rev 59 but JungleFlasher insists that it is a 47/48 and does terrible things if I try to force it to treat it as a 59. As it is, I have to dump in classic and mode select mode before it will allow a dump in RAM mode. If I try to do a stock restore in mode select mode it gives me some comparison error and aborts but once I get it warmed up RAM mode seems to work as expected.

When I automatically restore it to stock or when I "spoof" it to 0059 (as it's labeled) the 360 gives me the failed to update message with a code ending in C005-3002 immediately.

If I spoof it as a pre-update stock BenQ firmware that has been patched with the drive's key it gives me an error C000-005B after about five seconds (the bar's progress makes it to a second stage). If I spoof it with post-update stock BenQ firmware it makes it to the same spot but gives an error C000-0001.

I also have a Samsung drive that I have tried both with stock firmware and lt+2.0 and it also gives the C000-0001 error.

What am I doing wrong? If I get a BenQ drive (or at least a PCB) will I be able to get the 360 to complete its update? Is there another way?

Just to establish, I have already tried holding the sync button and powering on to clear the update and I have done all of this with both a CD and a USB stick containing the update downloaded from M$.

2. evilwise

evilwise Member

I just emailed someone who does this sort of thing all the time and he says I will need a BenQ drive. Does anyone know if the software update will complete with only a PCB attached or does it need a complete drive?