1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

component cables or RGB scart

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ganni666, Apr 23, 2014.

1. ganni666

ganni666 Regular member

hi i have a fat ps2 connected with an rgb scart into a samsung 32 inch lcd.
    the graphics are a bit choppy, i heard that if i connect it using a component cable
    the graphics will be much better, is it true, because i also heard that rgb and component are slightly the same, can someone help me out here.
    thanks

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

I think what you call choppy is what i call lag.

Socom II or Burnout 3 were like that offline even worse online i don't believe your cable is the issue instead it's just the hardware & the ps2 is just a gutless piece of crap; unless using a game say like burnout 2 as it could handle that one fine without choppyness even in splitscreen mode;;;or play low graphic intense games

A component cable is for HD Content as is RGB however see link below as there is a difference.The ps2 uses RCA analogue

rgb cable explanation
    http://www.ehow.com/about_5098860_rgb-cable.html

my advice unless using exclusive games get an original xbox install a modchip & use the ps2 as a doorstop,then go grab coinOPS 5 from piratebay = 3500 arcade games,you'll also need AID disc from piratebay as well & possibly x-wizard disc

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014