1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

component transfer error

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by blueballs, Jul 22, 2003.

1. blueballs

blueballs Guest

I have just downloaded a .bin file. However, it was originally had the form of ****.bin.exe so I changed the name to ***.bin and tried to burn it using nero. This seemed to work ok but i tried to install the programme and got a message about component transfer error. So i used daemon tools to see if i could install that way ....but got the same error. Since then i have tried to fix the file with CDmage and rebuild the bad sectors-this worked. I then tried to install the repaired file but component transfer error message appeared again.
    I would appreciate any help with this problem!!

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

<blah>.bin.exe --> could this be a BIN file that is executable-compressed? Stupid but ive seen it done. With regards to the compoent transfer error, does it occur when you try to burn that image, any image or when you try to burn/extract anything? It could be a hardware issue... perhaps ASPI?

3. blueballs

blueballs Guest

ermmm....well I can burn the image of the bin file with nero(i.e file=>burn image etc) and that worked but when it came to installing, it got to about 1/8 and then the component transfer error occured.....i dont think that there is anything wrong with the file...maybe it could be a sercurity issue....what is ASPI please?

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Firstly if there is nothing wrong with the image then perhaps there is something wrong with your OS setup? Perhaps some settings that got screwed up?

Secondly, since there obviously was something wrong with your image, you should know that CDMage although it can repair the errors... anythign beyond a trivial repair is not guaranteed to work. Perhaps it would be wise to download the image again?

ASPI: ASPI stands for Advanced SCSI Programming Interface. Originally developed by Adaptec. It is a software layer that enables programs to communicate with SCSI (and ATAPI) devices. Its required for a whole bunch of CD usage purposes. If you run Nero InfoTools under ASPI there will be two entries, the Nero ASPI and the SYSTEM ASPI; if all the SYSTEM ASPI versions are the SAME then odds are nothing is wrong with your ASPI. If not, i reccomend you install ASPI 4.60: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/33849