1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comprehensive MIDway Walkthrough/Guide

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by mossyy, Mar 7, 2005.

1. wutevers

wutevers Member

ok i press connect and then it says "Cannot connect to phone" but i can connect with mpt great.. another ages lol what do i do now

2. wutevers

wutevers Member

o wait it really wasnt connected hahaha anyways its connected but gives me an error "Not found interface Motorola Test Command" if your going to tell me to change port in config i looked for port 3 its not there default its on Com5 Baudrate 115200 and timeout 5000 when i click to check for com3 i only see com1 and 2 no 3 and i cant go to com 5 if i change it

3. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

ok mossyy i finally found out what my problem is in this driver thing and with p2ktools and all of my problems is becasue of... on the site that you advised me to go to told me that when i first run p2kman it will install a bunch of drivers, but that didn't happen, it just opened and didn't do anything except give me the program open and at the bottom it said "not connected" and it said not connected becuse my drivers aren't installed.

do u have any suggestions as to how i can get these drivers to install?

so far the only thing that has worked is verifying that my motorola modem says attached to com 3.

please help thanx

4. BS2005

BS2005 Guest

[bold]mossyy
    greetings! that guide looks very familiar. where did you copy that one from? i found the orginal that you'd copied it from (word for word) here:
    http://howardforums.com/showthread....hreadid=473506&highlight=+midway++walkthrough

the person you should have credited was AnalogTiger. you've also copied the Motorola Hacker's Bible, word for word, YET AGAIN, without crediting the person who wrote the guide. do you know what plagiarism is? its where you copy other people's work without crediting them, and with the intention of passing it off as your own.

you seem to me making a habit out of copying other people's work without crediting the person who wrote it. why do you copy other peoples work and try to pass it off as if it were your own? [/bold]

5. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

wutevers

ur computer should say that there is new hardware found which its the interface Motorola Test Command then install it using the P2Kdrivers,,,,,,

cooliebai

inside the P2K there is a folder DRV which they r the driver, when ur computer says new hardware found just put the directory into the P2K folder and it will be installed,,,,

[bold]BS2005[/bold]

i dont wanna go through that but what can i say that am sharing that with the members here only nothing else, all what am doing here helping people, but THNAK YOU for the information, and BTW i dont care what u saying!!!! :D :D

6. wutevers

wutevers Member

ok well first time i ran my pst it detected something but only 1 thing and then i just connected and ran the program and it went up 50 percent and then gave me that error where do i find this drivers?

7. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

when i run p2k man it doesn't say "new hardware found", it might ahve said it the first time i ran the program but at that time i didnt realy know waht to do but si there a way i can let it say the same thing again?

8. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

wutevers & cooliebai

go to safe mode delete anything belong to motorola as a drivers, restart ur computer,plug ur fone, the computer will detect new hardware then make the directory to P2K folder and the drivers will be installed,,,,

9. wutevers

wutevers Member

i dont know how to go into safemode and delete motorola stuff

10. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

then go to some other forum that they talk about computers and ask them and they will tell u how!!!!!!!!

11. wutevers

wutevers Member

you want me to go to some other forum and register and go through all that ... man ill just forget it

12. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

how should the seem for my phone look like ? a bunch of numbers ad letters? is there specific spaces that is supposed to be between them?
    is there a specific number of digits it has to be?

also what is an IMEI?

I need to know this so that i can know my phones seem when i see it

also, can i find out my phones seem by using MPT?

13. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

14. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

ok when i put my computer in safe mode how do i know which files to delete? do i delete the files that io stored on my computer? is there a spot on my computer where all the files for p2k are?

15. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

does anyone have a website that i can download free polyphonic ringtones from?

please post the link

16. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

cooliebai

i think we r going too far from the subject (RINGTONES),,,,,

about what to delete, just delete the drivers in the Device manager,,,,

17. silentfly

silentfly Member

Hi there..great walkthrough
    However my phone always seems to be on com 5 while the dial up modem that i never use is on com3.

As you know MIDway does not support com5, Therefore is there any other way to make it to go on com3??

Cheers mate
    Jase

18. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

i don't see any p2k drivers in my device manager mossyy

19. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

silentfly

i think if u go to control panel then modem, there is somewhere there u can change the COM.....

check out this screen shot
    http://xlr8.us/hofo/images/devicemanager.jpg

and thats what u should have on the device manager....

20. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

the motorola usb device is not in my device manager and the p2kman program does not want to install the drivers automatically nemore

any suggestions??