1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

compress 2,3 dvds into 1

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by larryw, Apr 27, 2004.

1. larryw

larryw Member

Hi,
    I have 3 children's dvds (Barney's). They each have 40min of materials. I would like to convert all 3 into 1 dvd worth of 120min(4.7G).
    Does anyone know how to do this? or if it s doable?
    THank you verymuch

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

3. actech

actech Regular member

can this be done without using tmpge? i wanted to back up ozzy live and loud. its only 111min but they have it split to 2 sides. was just wanting to know if it has to be done with tsunami thanks kurt

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

If the disc has LPCM (uncompressed) audio, you'll need a lot of video compression to get it all to a single disc. What kind of sound does it have, and are the sides DVD-5 or DVD-9? I'm guessing DVD-5 because that's normal for 2 sided discs, but not a given.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

actech,

You can do what you want using DVD Shrink in the re-Author mode (without menus), Nero's recode2 in the re-Author mode (with menus) - You can always add your own menus using DVD Lab.

For putting multiple DVD's on a single DVD I like DVD2One in the "Join" mode. My record keeping decent quality was 3 DVD-9's OR 4 DVD-5's.
    The recipe was to compress using DVD Shrink in the re-Author mode, stripping everything including credits then processing with Deep Analysis for each DVD then assembling in DVD2One. It looked surprisingly good :p)

Cheers,

Pete