1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compressing scuba diving DVD to e-mail to friends?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by smiley123, Oct 19, 2004.

1. smiley123

smiley123 Member

Hi,
    I bought a DVD of our scuba diving trip and the woman who created it said we could e-mail it to friends if we wanted but I don't know how to do that. The DVD is about 20 minutes long. I tried looking at the guides but I"m really new at all this stuff and don't know where to start.

Thanks for your help!

2. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

Well, im asuming the 20min DVD will be around 200megs (depending on quality.) Best bet is to get copies made and post them. Depending on who the e-mail addresses are with, most have a 100meg limit. Then theres the upload / download time to think about which with 56k will take about 7hrs and a broadband anything between 1-2hrs. Then the recipient has to download the file, again anything between 1 and 7 hours (depending on connection)

3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

This is where ICQ comes in handy !

If you and your friend install ICQ on your Pc's -- you can send directly to each other while you are sleeping !

ICQ is used by over 50 millions people and companies ; it has evolved to be a very reliable and SAFE way of moving files between users -- and it is FREE.

http://www.icq.com/