1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

compression and plasma tv's

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by shotty71, Feb 27, 2005.

1. shotty71

shotty71 Guest

If I have compression ratio at about 70%, which means I am compressing about 30% I understand that on a reg TV this will not affect quality, I also understand that the quality factor might show up on HDTV's. Now my question is what about plasma and lcd and the other new kinds of TV's there coming out with, how will compression look on these TV's

2. hursty

hursty Active member

not lucky enough to have a plasma,but from what i have read,70% should show as ok

3. sl33py

sl33py Regular member

same here....

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

It depends. If you're talking about a backup with all the titles and extras, then you might notice since the main title would be more compressed than if you just backed up the main movie by itself. You also have to consider the quality of the mastering used to make up the original DVD. For the most part, all the current movies are pretty decent. If you're looking to back up a movie on a single layer disc and watch it in progressive scan, you should just back up the main movie by itself for the better result.