1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

compression burn problems

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by zedric, Mar 26, 2002.

1. zedric

zedric Member

I am taking a AVI file of about 72 min of video, compressing it with DivX and it comes down to around 650mb to put on my 700 mb CDR. Nero encodes it, which takes about 2 and half hours, but when the space bar gets to 100 % a message comes up saying there is not enough space.

Any suggestions. I hope it is only a setting problem.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

WTF are you doing with the video? "Nero encodes it"?! If you have once encoded it, Nero doesn't do anything for it. Wild guess: you've selected VideoCD format? If you want to burn AVI/DivX to CD, you select Data CD.

3. zedric

zedric Member

I'll take any advice I can get as I am a newbe. Yes, your guess is correct. I am using Video CD for putting a video on CD. I thought it went there? I do not see a `data CD' on my nero as you suggest everything else is there but that. I thought nero encoded it yet again as it has an encoding bar. Walk me through this if you will.

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

If you have an existing AVI and you want to burn that to CD to watch it with your PC, just use regular CD format (Joliet, ISO, etc).

If you want to watch the movie using DVD player (stand-alone, those things you plug into TV), DON'T ENCODE IT to DivX. Use TMPGEnc to encode it to VideoCD format and burn it with Nero's VideoCD method. If you encode it to DivX, you lose quality and if you re-encode it with Nero, you lose even more quality.