1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compression Help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mfrink, Jan 8, 2007.

1. mfrink

mfrink Regular member

Hey guys, I read the compression guide sticky using UMDGen and I understand how to do that, but for most ISO it really doesn't bring it down very much. Can someone point me in the right direction to get ISOs close to what the Smallest Size List has. Are ripkits specific to the ISO or is it just a program I can use for all of them? Some help in this area would be appreciated, i hate having to keep deleting and adding games to my mem card

2. Jake_C

Jake_C Regular member

ripkits only work on the game it was made for because it deletes certin files of that game so if its a differant game the files arnt there to deete.
    If u dont want to keep swaping the game i recomend buying mabe 2 2gb sicks from amazon there only lik £40 each which is reli cheep compared to superstores lik virgin

3. mfrink

mfrink Regular member

I have a 2gig stick, most games are over 1.2 or 1.3 gigs, i downloaded one of those ISO compression things, worked ok. It made Need for speed kinda choppy tho.