1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compression Issues.....

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zenarrrow, Feb 25, 2005.

1. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

I am trying to back up a movie that is 2 hr long I have my compresion set to 4364MB the title says it is 6554MB Am I out of luck here? Is there a way to compress it further? I am using decrypter and shrink together.

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

movies that long are generally best done in reathor mode with just the movie only.
    another option is DVD RB/CCE. RB is free but CCE is not. But the combo together is spectacular at compressing long movies.

3. Gringle

Gringle Guest

What's the movie? Where, How, can we help...

gringle

4. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Alright, the movie is John Mayall and the blues breakers it is a concert dvd. I have my decrypter just to take the main movie files only. I don't know what this is: another option is DVD RB/CCE. RB is free but CCE is not???

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you used Decrypter to copy the dvd to your HD then run those files through DVD Shrink to fit them on a Blank DVD.

Jerry

6. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

When I try to analize the show in deep analysis I have it set to run before backup it says parameter does not match should I just try to back it up with no analysis? I do use decrypter to burn to HD then use shrink then back to decrypter to burn it.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  7. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

When It gets all done analizing it comesup error: programming error?

8. brobear

brobear Guest

Reset the DVD Decrypter to rip all the files to the HD. Rip in File mode with all settings in default. Then open the files in Shrink. Run deep analysis with all the files to see if it will work. Normally if it does the initial analysis, it will do the deep analysis. There are Menus, Main Movie, and Extras under structure. Leave Shrink in Full Disc. If the extras are large at all, click on Extras to highlight it. Then go to Compression settings and open the drop down window for Video. Choose Still Image. That inserts a still image for menus and lowers compression. Uncheck any sound tracks and subtitles not wanted. Click on Main Movie, what is the compression? Enter Backup. In the Backup settings select the Quality settings. Set the burn options and continue on.