1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compression of files that are larger than the PC states to burn to DVD

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Dickydoormouse, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Dickydoormouse

Dickydoormouse Member

Hi I was just wondering if anyone could help me with with the issue I am having with burning a file to DVD. The PC states that the file I want to burn is 8.1GB therefore I thought that using a Anon 8.5GB dual layer dvd would be fine. However when I get to the point of burning the file the file has increased in size to 8.7Gb, meaning that it is now too big to fit on the disc.

Does anyone know how to compress the dvd file for it to fit on the dual layer disc, I am unaware of any other discs that are bigger?

I can't deleat sections of the file to make it smaller as it is an xbox game that is prepared for burning.

thanks for any ideas

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

You do know that you need a burner with Burner Max to burn the newer Xbox 360 games?

3. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

what does this have to do with trying to burn an xbox 360 game? the guy is asking how to overburn a game not what graphics card his computer needs!

agree with Eisherz you must have an ihas burner flashed with burnermax!

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Actually, it doesn't have to be an iHas burner, there are many burners that can be crossflashed with BurnerMax.

5. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

yeah i have 3 asus drives in the floor all flashed over, i should be good for a couple of years LOL!