1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

compression percentages in shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bklyn1028, Dec 11, 2004.

1. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

for some reason i can't get this....the percentages in shrink for compression. if it reads...(man i feel like such a dummy)..[and bigorange allready splained it to me].....say.....65% on the right....meand...there is 35% compression?...meaning...the higher # on the right is good?...means....less compression?...or do i have it backwards.......westward ho!!

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey bklyn1028, That is right.I usually go by how Much before I use shrink's quality enhancements. If it is below 80%,then I use all of the enhancements.80% to 90% ,I may use the enhancements depending on how important my backup is. At 100%, the movie is small enough so the boxes for these enhancements are not high-lighted.I usually burn main movie only unless it is a small movie,then I burn everything from it.The more extra crap you take out,the higher the %. The higher the number on the right,the less compression- less compression = better quality.Later

3. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

thanx saugmon....the rule i was looking for...the higher # on the right is what i want...thank you