1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compression Question

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by princedvd, May 17, 2007.

1. princedvd

princedvd Member

I have been using Clone DVD for some time. I only do main movie and menu. My question is what can I do if the compression gets below 60 percent? I guess I could use Double Layer DVD's, but those are quite pricey, compared to what regular DVD's are. I have heard of Rebuilder, but just have not tried it or how to use it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

4. orion250

orion250 Regular member

Loco and Dialysis knows what they are talking about. I haven't used Rebuilder yet, been using VobBlanker instead. You can open with VobBlanker and blank out all the junk. For example if the main title contains 45 chapters, you can KEEP chapters 1-25 and BLANK out chapters 26-45 and save to hard drive. Burn this to a single layer dvd (1 of 2), then use VobBlanker to BLANK out chapters 1-25 and KEEP chapters 26-25. Save this to hard drive, then burn to second single layer disk (2 of 2). This will eliminate all compression problems and give the best video quality. You won't have to use Shrink to compress. This same procedure can also be used with episodic dvd's while keeping all menus intact and in working order. I use this method if compression will be less than 80-85%. I'm real picky about the video quality. Hope this helps.

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Good idea splitting with VobBlanker....

Here is a guide to do it using DVD Shrink.http://dvdshrink.info/splitting-v2-3.php

Last edited: May 20, 2007