1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compression Tool for VCD's

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by GBoy, Jan 29, 2004.

1. GBoy

GBoy Member

Hi Dela
    I have a question for you, recently I watched a copy of LOTR 3. I was quite amazed that the entire 3 hr plus movie was cut to a single 700MB cd-r. The picture and sound quality of the movie was abviously crappy, but I was quite impressed since the whole movie was squeezed onto 1 700mb cd-r. Recently I managed to get some more movies that was compressed to 1 single 700mb cd-r. I did some enquiries and discovered that there is a compression tool available that will allow you to cut the movie to one cd-r. Do you perhaps know where can I get a copy of this and what is the name of this software.
    GBoy

2. ditto_n

ditto_n Member

I do not know of any specific tools to compress vcds, but I use DVD2SVCD for conversion, and along with the D2SRoBa plugin, you can make some pretty good looking 1 disk (s)vcds. Also using AviSynth that comes with D2S, you can use undot() and deen() that wont do much to the picture, but they will compress the movie a bit.

Read into it a bit more, you can learn a lot reading the doom9.org forums.