1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COMPUSA Brand DVD-R results are in...

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Neromania, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Neromania

Neromania Regular member

COMPUSA's own brand of DVD-R's are a pieces of CRAP. Spots on the dye , frozen pictures when backing up movies....I really hate experimenting with new media to find out that some assholes have the nerve to sell this filth. Fortunately, they were on sale for 10 bucks for a 10 pack...but still, i am pissed. At least my investment will benefit you guys, so u know to avoid them like the plague.

I read on another post that u can buy cheap dvd-rw's and if at first u dont suceed, try, try again. Seems like a good concept, but what if spots come on the dye on a RW?? will erasing the data on an RW get rid of the spots???????

2. Doom1234

Doom1234 Guest

Thank you for your effort. You save a lot of people time and wasting money.

3. clint812

clint812 Guest

I just bought 10 for 10 and my drive doesn't recognize the disc's. I use the pioneer. These were the first discs I tried and I was getting very frustrated. Thanks for your post! Any reccomendations for a first time DVD backup?

4. Neromania

Neromania Regular member

Fu*king return this shiznit back to the bastards at COMPusa...on the back of the box it says if there is a defect u can replace them with an item of equal value. Ritek or Universal brand are best.