1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CompUSA DVD+R Media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by agashed, Dec 18, 2004.

1. agashed

agashed Guest

Does anyone know if CompUSAs DVD+R media has any issues? I burned Pulp Fiction on a Sony DVD+R without any problem, but decided I would burn the extras on a CompUSA DVD+R disc. When I tried to play the copied extras disc in any of my DVD machines, I got a disc error. Anyone know why, or has anyone got any input?

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello agashed,Comp usa probably does like most store brand media,different manufacturers from different lots.Sometimes you get lucky with high quality media,sometimes you get cmags. Down load this proggy and it will reveal the code on those blank discs: http:afterdawn.com/software/video.software/dvd-r_tools/dvd_identifier.cfm You can then look them up here: http://digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm Let us know what those codes are. I just got some sony -4x'x - spindle of 25 for $9.94. The code is sony0401. The first spindle is performing well.On your final question, I take it you tried to make the copied extras on a separate backup disc and different media and it wouldn't play in your stand alones. Play this "extras only" disc and play it on your pc. If it plays ok then sounds like your "dvd machines" don't like that certain media. A lot of people here having trouble. A high quality media usually takes care of those issues. Let us know what the codes are on both types a + media you are using, Later

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

4. agashed

agashed Guest

I already tried playing the copy in my PC. It didn't play there either. I'll download the proggy & look up the codes on the discs a little later today.
    Wow, thanks for the input. I didn't expect it so soon!

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved from DVD-R newbies*

6. agashed

agashed Guest

Hey Saugmon.............
    The code reader said the CompUSA discs were 50/50. Kinda looks like I'm one of the 50 that had bad luck. As it turns out, CompUSA let mew return the 25 pack & gave me a store credit, which I used to buy more Sony discs.
    Do you know of any sites that offer a free DVD case (jewel case) insert/ sleeve & disc label creator?

flip 218.......in your reply to the thread I started, you posted this......" *moved from DVD-R newbies* " What does that mean?

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey agashed, did you find the right code on them. Dvd identifier,top right corner hit identify, tells manufacturer,id #, media type and record speeds.Those sony's are looking pretty good both + and - in 25 pack spindle.I don't know of any sites for lables,look deeper in the dvd-r media forum. I saw some info in there a while back. I just use a sharpie and stickers on my cases. Later

8. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I moved it. You originally posted in DVD-R newbies. This is a media questions ... so I moved it to DVD-R media.

9. agashed

agashed Guest

Oh...I see. Sorry.