1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compusa Media 100 DVD R+ for $19.95

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by madgreek, Mar 7, 2005.

1. madgreek

madgreek Guest

This Forum is for the promo that compusa is running for 19.95 for 100 blanks. I have bought a ton of them and work great. This is less than .20 a disk...the cheapest I have ever seen. I wanted to let everyone know its such a good deal. I do not work for compusa and are affilated to them in anwyay. Just want to spread a deal around. They are 4x rated, they do burn on 4x. They also work in most dvd players. Movies i make play in all my players.

2. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Also...there is no rebate.

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Compusa is also running 50 TDK discs for 19.99, may get only half as many but you get a lot better quality.

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

@madgreek,
    whats the manufacturers ID code of those discs?

5. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Not sure. I have to say the comp ones are pretty good. I have burned 20 no coasters. All at max 4x. They play on my JVC and cyberhome dvd players. No issues. I bought the tdk's too lol

6. madgreek

madgreek Guest

what program would I use to check the code? I will do it tonight and post it

7. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

DVD Decrypter will show it. Its a free app if you don't already have it. Insert one of those compusa dvd's, and in DVDD, go to mode>ISO>write. A bunch of info about the disc will show up in the righthad side of the app. copy it all and post it here, so we can all know what kind of discs you're recommending. :)

8. madgreek

madgreek Guest

YEP i have it never looked I will do it tonight. You can't go wrong though. I am going to buy more tonight they will sell out soon. My dvd players are very picky. I knew it was a risk but so far...worth taking

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

10. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

11. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Well I tried checking it a few ways and it says its undefined. Well it did say it is ligit 4x media. The company that makes it is out of Hong Kong, FDI. Hope that helps. I will vouch it is quality stuff. I have burned almost half my 100 and no coasters. Movies play great in every dvd player I have tried. I know people are afraid to go with no name stuff. But this is really good. Its less then .20 each...see if you can beat that price.

12. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... I recommend avoiding Hong Kong produced media ... Sure hope that in a year or so you're not bummed with your results ... It's guaranteed that you'll be much happier with your TDK media in the future ... As a rule of thumb, Japanese media is by far the best, followed (not too closely) by Taiwan ... After that, save your cash ...

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I tend to agree with catfreak on this.. How do you know in a couple of months if those disks will still play. I will stick with my TY's :)

Madgreek,
    Just to seee how good they actually backed up have you ran a scan test on the disks after writing to them with something like dvdinfopro? http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

14. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

@madgreek,
    Well, since these disks don't even have a MID, please stop pimping them on this forum.
    Thank you.

15. madgreek

madgreek Guest

their good disks. Just trying to tell everyone a good deal. I created the forum. No reason to get upset. Jeez

16. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

It's ok to start a thread on them. But you also were advertising them on at least two other unrelated threads. That's not ok, especially since they are of suspect quality, your experience not withstanding.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  17. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I bought a 10 pack of compusa disks to try, they would not burn on my usb 1008ui, Lite-on 1633sx, or nec1300a. One disk did burn on a friends Memorex, however the other caused burner to freeze. Stick with quality media, remember you get what you pay for. These disks are not worth promoting on this forum.

18. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

He/she will learn the hard way as many have... :)

19. madgreek

madgreek Guest

I did not advertise. Advertise would mean I get something out of it. I get zip out of it. I am once again just spreading the word. You don't me to spead the word fine. Go to another forum. Stop busting my beans. Jeez. I am going to do some tests to the media. I will post the results. I just burned over 60 disks with it and 1 coaster. Not bad all in all I am going to post a more detailed analyis shortly.

20. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

LOL I'm sorry but if you are going to post that you have magically found this super cheap media and it is Grade A, Tier 1, perfect then you are going to get your beans busted, and just as you had every right to post that on here everyone else has the same right to shall we say give there constructive critsizim. I really hope those disks work out for you but I wouldn't suggest to other to run out and buy them because they are great buy's. There are some gullable people on here that probably ran out and bought all they could get there hands on.. Poor fools :)