1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer can't/won't recognize format to edit video

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by josodf, Mar 19, 2007.

1. josodf

josodf Member

Unfortunately I'm computer, DVR, even HDTV challenged without my kids.... But I'm trying to learn. I figured out how to download my finalized DVR disc to my computer. I have Adobe Pro 6.0 & it can't recognize the format downloaded to import for editing. My Personal DVR camcorder is a Panasonic. Unfortunately it was the $650 base model & does not have a usb port to directly download into the computer via firewire. Can anyone help me????

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

3. josodf

josodf Member

I looked it over, it looks like something I can manage.... I can't wait to try!

Thx!

if I'm too challenged, I'll be back
    :)

4. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

If your into homemovie stuff, I love my Pinnacle 10.5 ( updated to 10.7 }you can control your camera, start.fast foward,rewind, etc. and make dvd movies with titles,transitions, I wish they hade a 21 day try out they could sell more.I have used Nero and Roxio and Microsoft movie maker they put it on a disc with very few options

5. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Controlling your camcorder is not a very special. Every video editing program that works with Firewire transfer does have that. Even most well known capture freeware programs have it ;-)

6. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

I know homevideo is easy but to make movie run like a pro it has all the good stuff if you've never used it you don't know what you're missing sure anybody can put it on a disc but this program dose it all edit,menu's,all kinds of transitions,sound effect,you can add jpeg's,music in the background,blue screen,voice over,etc.,etc...

7. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member