1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Crashes

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by joshto, Oct 16, 2004.

1. joshto

joshto Guest

My computer crashes when i try to decrypt. I have no idead why, i have tried numerous times and my computer crashes right after i press decrypt!!

BY THE WAY my comouter also crashes when i try to watch the DVD on my very same computer. I use Power DVD. The FBI warnings play however, the DVD will not go further then the warnings. I have tried to fast forward and that doesnt work either.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2004
  2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Here are a few things to start checking. First shut down any program that auto starts on boot up in Windows such as Antivirus programs, ad blockers, etc. Stay off line and don't browse the internet. Don't try to multitask at the same time. DVD backup process takes most of your systems resources. To make sure your PC isn't overheating, remove a side panel and direct a small table fan at the MB. If this corrects the problem, you need more airflow inside. Go into your device manager and make sure both IDE channels and the burner drive are set to DMA not PIO. Hopefully one of these suggestions might help.

Jerry