1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer does not show files in PSP

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by b00tymE, Jul 19, 2007.

1. b00tymE

b00tymE Member

Hi, hope u guys are able to help.

When i connect my psp to my computer recently, it detects a removable drive but there are no files/folders inside when i open the removable drive. Now i cannot transfer games or music to my PSP.

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

have you tried formatting your memory stick via the PSP menu? doing so will create the proper folders for you...You may also have a bad memory stick if that doesn't work.

3. b00tymE

b00tymE Member

I have not done so as i wanted to seek some opinions here before doing so. So if i format the memory stick thru the psp menu the folders will automatically be created?

4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

It is ok to format your memory stick-you just want to backup any data you dont want to lose first..but in your case, it doesnt sound like you have anything on your memory stick anyway, so go for it...

5. b00tymE

b00tymE Member

Yup, the memory card shows how much space is used but it does not show the folders. I will try reformatting it and post the results here later. Thanks for the help.