1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer doesn't startup at all

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by clawfing, Mar 8, 2007.

1. clawfing

clawfing Member

Hello all,
    Well I have a small problem, one morning when I tried to start my computer it wouldn't turn on. I tried opening my computer and tightening all the connections and still it wouldn't work. A blue light turns on when I switch on the power supply at the back but that's about it. No beep, no fans turning, no sounds, only blank screen when I try to turn on my computer.

I removed the motherboard from the case and disconnected everything except for power switch and connectors to power unit, and still power won't come on. I Did make sure the heatsink is installed properly and the cpu fan is connected to the correct header on the motherboard. I Cleared cmos, replaced the battery, tested different ram and pci-e slots, tested startup button and changed the power cable to a new one.
    I've also changed motherboard and power supply once, thanks for the warranty I have (about 6 months old).

Before sending back the power supply I however tested my computer at my friend and it once worked with his power supply on. Unfortunately we were on hurry and tested it only once hastly. So, could it be 2x faulty antec power supplies, some compatible error, GPU or processor? If anybody have any Ideas please help!

----------------------------------
    Asus p5b deluxe/wifi-ap
    Antec Sonata II, 450W ATX12V v.2.0
    Intel Core Duo 2 E6600
    Twin2x2048-6400c4 ddr2 ram
    Geforce en7600gt
    Seagate 320Gb ultraATA

2. elokito

elokito Regular member

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  3. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

it could be your psu does not supply enough amps down one of the lines (5v/3.3v pos 12v but less likly with your symptoms) have a look at the stickers on the side of both psu's to compare the ratings on yours and your mates.

4. clawfing

clawfing Member

I have an 8-pin EPS12v connector on my mobo, for dual-processor motherboards. I used it with a 4-pin "P4" ATX12v connector instead of the 8-pin connector. Do I need to get a power supply that actually works with my motherboard and supplies an EPS12v connector? Did you mean that?