1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Fan (dangerous dust?)

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by NewTech17, Apr 27, 2005.

1. NewTech17

NewTech17 Member

So a few weeks ago I said my computer screen turned red whenever I logged on and off and went it went to the screensaver after a few minutes of not being used. Well, I shut my computer off for a week and it's still occuring.

Now I realize my CPU is making weird noises. I then blew on the back where the fan is and alot of dust came off. I then was remembered by someone that there was an article on the newspaper that said computer dust was dangerous. So what's your opinon on that computer users? Also, do you think the computer fan may be affecting the monitor?

Although, my Spy Sweeper did come up with a pop up saying "Warning" that I had to reset the shields because something was shut dutto a program competing with it and that that may indicate a threat.

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Too much dust will clog up your system, therefore meaning things will heat up quite a bit, and it may lead to problems like yours. However, unless the dust is REALLY excessive, I would think it is something software related.