1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer formatted accidentally

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Avram11, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Avram11

Avram11 Guest

I have Windows 7 computer with 4 drives in it. I accidentally formatted one of my drive on computer which had some of my office projects in it. Can anyone help me to get them back, They are really precious and i want them at any cost.

2. DxxS

DxxS Member

I did the same a while back, I used a program called power data recovery, it recovered most files, i did end up with a few unusable files but not many. I cant remember how much it cost, there are a few free programs out there beware most trials only let you recover a few files at a time.

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

try something called recuva - it's from the nice people who make ccleaner and it's free :)

4. justin_mall77

justin_mall77 Member

Hello Avram,
    As you said you have formatted your hard drive, data present in hard drive has got deleted. Hard drive restoration can be done by data recovery tool. Data recovery tool restores you data back to your hard drive as it was present before.
    Download a good data recovery software and restore your hard drive.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  5. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  6. Jess2

Jess2 Member

Want any proficient software to recover data from formatted and re-formatted Windows FAT and NTFS partitions, Kernel for Windows Data Recovery should be the first choice. The tool supports FAT 16, FAT 32, NTFS, and also NTFS5 file systems.

7. atrandom

atrandom Member

Hi. I had some files on my computer that I couldn't find and a member at another forum made a tutorial on how to recover deleted files in this this thread. It starts at post 26.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?s=9d29fb50b2161fa8037b0536d6f57f65&showtopic=120435&st=15

He also posted a more polished version here.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=120626

You can also read further into the thread to see how I followed his steps.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=120435&st=30

I wasn't able to recover my files, since they hadn't been deleted (If you want to want read more about that go to the begining of the thread), but it might work for you.

8. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

first fallacy.. formatting DOIES NOT delete data.. it just scraps the file table

fallacy 2 .. unless you have completely overwritten the data with other stuff it will still be there (it's why windoze often fails to install after a previous failed install.. existing read only file sitting there which won't allow itself to be overwritten)

Have a google.. try a few free things, chances are one will work, but don't write anything to that drive during the process otherwise there is a real risk.

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

spammer spammed

10. ashley001

ashley001 Member

If you have formatted your hard drive accidentally then there is no need to worry because you can recover lost files from hard drive very easily using Remo Recover(Windows)- Pro edition software. It is a very good NTFS file recovery software which can recover deleted or lost files from various types of storage devices. You can download and install demo version of the software in your system to evaluate chances of recovery.

11. Emmaw7738

Emmaw7738 Member

There is no need to get tensed even if you have lost your important data? This is because, now there is an option like Kernel for Windows data recovery utility that can assist you in retrieving all your important lost data without facing any further complexity. Featured with three different data recovery modes like Quick Scan, Extensive Scan and File Trace, this tool is the most suitable choice to restore all the damaged or corrupt data from computers hard disk.