1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer freezes in middle of decoding/de-compressing

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by 24584, Jan 3, 2005.

1. 24584

24584 Member

I have come across this problem every time i try to decode/de-compress a dvd. I have managed to back up a dvd which wasn't as large but when i've tried recently it usually gets through about 50 - 70% of the decoding then my computer frezes and i have to turn it off at the mains or use the recent button. I have tried ctrl-alt-delete but i still get no response from my computer and the mouse has also frozen. This all happens before the burn starts. If i manage to get through the decoding process i seem to be alright.
    Can anyone help? Im thinking it may be something to do with a video or graphics card but i though someone else may have had a similar problem. Thanks

2. Agent0008

Agent0008 Regular member

you may need to post the spec's of your computer so those in the know can get a better picture of what your dealing with.

3. 24584

24584 Member

Thanks. Details are as follows:
    AMD Athlon(tm)XP
    1.45 GHz ( but was told that as it was an Athlon it runs at about 1.8GHz!!)
    256 MB of RAM

Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    VERSION 2002
    Service Pack 2

I have just tried it an it appears to be using almost 100% of CPU. Coulc this be the problem? Do I need more memory?

Thanks again
    Paul