1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer freezes then automatically shutsdownafter a while

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Wakash, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Wakash

Wakash Member

Hi

I am expericening problems with my pc, i have recently noticed that my computer freezes often and does not respond, the mouse does not move the keyboard becomes inactive. It happens sometimes on start up, but mainly it happens when im doing something else e.g/watching videos, it also happens when im actually installing something or running a virus scan. The computer freezes and sometimes if i leave it unattended it shutdowns after a while after it has frozen, does anybody know how to over come this.

2. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

it sounds like the hardware has been clocked over what it can do so what i would suggest is to try booting in safe mode and proceeding accordingly. also make sure that your cpu has proper cooling i.e. the fans are working and the case is fully assembled with the detachable side attached

3. Wakash

Wakash Member

will it freeze in safe mode, plus when i am in safe mode, the screen resolution is too big, can it be changed??

4. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

i have no idea whether it will freeze in safe mode or not however i can tell you that if you cant change the resolution through the regular way then it means that safe mode has done something and it can't be changed as far as safe mode is concerned