1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer freezes using TMPEnc

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by dejmein, Feb 15, 2003.

1. dejmein

dejmein Member

Does anyone out there have an idea as to why my computer just locks during the TMPEnc coding? I have version 2.5 and can't get support until I pay to have TMPEnc Plus freeze my computer, since Pegasys won't support the free version.

Anyway, DVD2AVI works and I open TMPGEnc to re-encode. About 12 minutes into it, I come back to my computer and get *no* response from the mouse or keyboard and my only option is to reset. I have an Athlon XP 2400+ with Gigabyte 7VAXP motherboard, 512 DDR-266 RAM, Audigy 2, and USB 2.0 PCI card, as well as ATI All-in-Wonder 8500, with a Maxtor ATA-133 80 GB hard drive. All other encoding (SmartRipper, DVD2AVI) works fine. It's only TMPGEnc that locks up EVERY time! I can never get it to finish a movie. Please help

2. dbgravel

dbgravel Member

Look i'm no pro either
    But I think that might be a restriction on the freeware. I hope i'm wrong... I'm about to give this a try for the first time... I was able to DL a cracked version that I plan on using...