1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer freezes when burning backups

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Kanibal, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Kanibal

Kanibal Member

I searched the forums and couldn't find a thread that had the same problem, so I am posting to see if anyone else has had this problem and/or fixed it.

Here lately when I have tried to burn backups, my computer freezes at about 91% no matter whether I am using CloneCD or IMGBurn.

I figured it could be the discs, but that doesn't make any sense because they are the same discs I have used time and time again without this problem. So far it has only happened with 2 games, but it has cost me 3 disks, and I am weary to waste another one just to see if it will happen again.

I have run SFVChecker and QuickPar to see if there were any problems (I detected a few, including a missing file on the last game, but it said it was repaired, so that shouldn't be the problem.)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

what burner is it and are you using the most current firmware on your burner? are you burning the .dvd file or the .iso? are you manually setting the layerbreak?

something to try:
    Use imgburn delete your .dvd file and burn the .iso with the layerbreak manually set at 1913760

3. Kanibal

Kanibal Member

It's a Sony DRX-800UL, yes it is the most current firmware, and no, I've been using the .dvd file, so I don't need to set the LB. Guess I'll give that a try though. I'll let you know how it turns out. :)

4. Kanibal

Kanibal Member

That solved my problem! Thanks a ton Mike, this isn't the first time you have saved my butt! lol