1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer hangs when downloading via torrent

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by skfangel, Apr 27, 2007.

1. skfangel

skfangel Member

Can some one please help. Coz when i am downloading using the Torrents ,it hangs within a few hours.

It won't hang when i disable or not using the torrent programme. I have upgraded the RAM above 512 since. But no help.

Plz HELP.Thanks

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Not the answer you're looking for.....but when things like this happen to me, I just don't use the program doing it.

Torrents can open up a ton of ports....use up more bandwidth then you think they do...and system resources.

You already summed it up yourself. Performance = No Torrent use, Torrent use = No performance.

3. skfangel

skfangel Member

Well i ve use Azerus , Bit Commet ,and U Torrent. Its the same.In the begining its not like this. U think re install the XP would help?
    Oh! i ve also change the mother board too. Coz the old one failed.
    Thanks Morph.

4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

I don't use torrents, so I'm really taking a wild guess here. You might try setting your options in the programs to limit how it runs.

If you've replaced the motherboard, a fresh installation is the best way to go.

Install XP (SP2 slipstreamed is the best), chipset, directx, video, sound, other devices, firewall, MS updates...in that order. Then proceed with software apps.

5. skfangel

skfangel Member

Thanks Morph.

6. skfangel

skfangel Member

Thanks Morph. I m ok . Not a problem anymore Great!!

7. basquiat

basquiat Regular member

if you dont limit your upload speed somehow and it max's out it will make your broadband run like dial up....if you use utorrent or azureus you can limit upload speed in the preferences.

edit: sorry i didnt see how old this thread was, glad you got it sorted out.

Last edited: May 9, 2007