1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer help

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by 4plates, Apr 30, 2005.

1. 4plates

4plates Member

i have a new dell comp and use IE as my browser but im having problems getting pages to load. on this site i have no problem viewing anything but if i click a hyperlink that one of you all have added i get a new screen that never loads,it just stays blank.i have everything set to defualt in my security settings and even put it on low. its been driving me nuts for 2 months,help if you can.thanks

2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

First of IE is not very secure and you could have been infected with a virus or spyware. Sometimes if you are extremely infected, your browser could be useless. First, I would stop using IE and switch to mozilla Firefox. You can get it here -> http://www.mozilla.org , then I would run a spyware check first either ad-aware or spybot- search and Destroy. If you dont do a spy check often you can be infected bad. see what happens after that.

btw, if you like FireFox, I have a help thread on using it. you can click it on my signature below.

3. 4plates

4plates Member

thanks i just dl it and was able to use the hyperlinks in the post yipeeeee.

4. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

no problem, Im here to help!

5. 4plates

4plates Member