1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer keeps freezing HELP ME!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by soulhunta, Apr 7, 2007.

1. soulhunta

soulhunta Member

(I only know the basics about a computer. Im not that familiar with computer jargon so take it easy on me.)

The issue I have with my computer is everytime I run a program that takes a fair amount of RAM on my computer ex. (Nero , Pinnacle Studio and video conversion programs ) my computer always freezes . I thought the reason was because of my RAM.

So I upgraded my RAM to 768 which previously was 256. I still suffer from the same problem . When I use these programs the computer consistently freezes preventing me to burn DVDs (havent had a problem with CDs) , convert videos and do other multimedia tasks.

Im now thinking that the computer may be over heating everytime i run these programs or its too old

PS: My computer is about 3 or 4 years old now

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

But you "yelled" at us - typing in all capital letters on the web is considered to be the same as shouting. This is a help forum. Just about everybody who posts here is asking for help, so even posting "help me" in small letters is a waste of everybody's time. Doing it capital letters is like you want to be "HELPED" before everybody else, and you are ORDERING people to drop everything and sort out your problem. It's rude and it doesn't maximize your chances of getting a useful reply.

OK I've got that off my chest, you're a noob so maybe you didn't know that. But you do now. God knows there are enough other posters setting you a bad example.

Now, let's take a look at your problem. There are about 1 squillion reasons why a computer might freeze. RAM problems are one, you already tried that. (You can't be all that much of a n00b if you can change /install RAM modules.)

I suggest you work through the steps on this page and see if any of them help.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Troubleshooting-Computer-Freeze-(Lockup)-Problems&id=39981

Here's another page full of links to tips

http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=...&cd=1&q=troubleshoot+computer+freezes&spell=1

3. soulhunta

soulhunta Member

lol to be honest this is the first forum Ive signed up to i didnt realize that yelling would be so rude . Sorry for my inconvience but thankyou for those links

4. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Good luck. Come back if you are still stuck...