1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer keeps thinking it's on fire and now has decided to blue screen because of it.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by PinothyJ, Oct 13, 2007.

1. PinothyJ

PinothyJ Member

If I turn my computer on and start doing something it is fine and does what it does. Fifteen-or-so minutes in and it's a different story. It starts beeping like crazy to tell me it's overheating when I know it's not. If I restart the computer it returns to normal and then nothing until I have the computer off for a period of time.

Recently, however, it has decided to blue screen me. when it finishes with the blue screen it restarts beeping at me to tell me it's over heating. Most times as soon as windows passes the welcome screen it stops (most times sometimes it keeps beeping).

Please afterdawners, solve my problems...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

A couple of questions.

1. How do you know it is not overheating?

2. What program beeps to tell you it is overheating?

Edit: Actually, a third question. What OS are you running?

3. PinothyJ

PinothyJ Member

Because it happens the same every time. Whether it be on a sticking hot day or a damn cold night. All my fans are good, I've check all of them and dusted them all to make sure they're doing their job well. I've also got most of the case off and got the ceiling fan on to make sure the room is also cool and yet I still have some funky problems. Maybe it is actually overheating but something else would have to be wrong for that to be so.

And I'm using windows as said in my first post.

thanks...

4. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Is the cpu heatsink attached to the cpu nice and tight? Is the cpu fan running fast enough? What are your temps? You can find out those by downloading speedfan.