1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer lockup

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by pbohning, Sep 30, 2004.

1. pbohning

pbohning Member

When running DVD Shrink the computer locks up and the program interface is never displayed. This never used to happen. I was using v3.17, and downloaded v3.2, but the problem remains. I am going to scan for viruses and spyware, again. If anyone has a clue about this problem, please let me know.

2. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

You have the latest DirectX 9.0c installed?

3. pbohning

pbohning Member

Okay, it look likes it's working now. I'm using Windows 2000. After reading some of the entries in the forum, I checked the version of DirectX which is v9.0b, and ran APSI checker, which told me the ASPI drivers were not installed properly. I downloaded forceaspi18.zip, backed up the ASPI files, killed them, and installed those included with forceaspi18. ASPI checker still says the drivers are installed improperly, but DVD Shrink works every run instance without locking up the computer. Glad I didn't need to run NAV or Aluria Spyware Eliminator on 240GB HDD! Glad y'all are out there.

4. pbohning

pbohning Member

By the way, how do I get DirectX v9.0c? Windows update doesn't offer it.

5. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member