1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer not displaying on TV

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by recklessron, Jun 7, 2011.

1. recklessron

recklessron Member

I'm connecting my computer, without any monitor, directly to my TV using the RCA jacks (yellow, white and red) from my TV connected to my computers audio (red and white - converted from RCA to a single audio plug like a headphone jack) and video (yellow). Seemed simple enough but I get no picture on the TV when I boot the PC. I have set the TV input to Video-1 (where I have connected the RCA jacks). I have a Media Player that I use to connect this way and it worked fine (except the player itself was poor) - also using RCA jacks in Video-1. So I know the TV will accept input on these RCA jacks. It just doesn't look like my PC is sending any feed. It appears to turn on to the logon/password screen but I can't see it so I don't know for sure. When I plug it into a monitor it works fine.

Can anybody help, please?

I'm running Win XP with all the latest updates on a reasonable motherboard/cpu with lots of RAM. Specs shouldn't matter much as I only want to use the TV as a monitor - nothing fancy or cpu/ram intensive.

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Please don't reproduce. How are you going to get video from a sound card or integrated sound??? You can get L and R stereo from the Black and Red/white RCA plugs from sound card to audio port on TV. The video from the pc must come from the video card where you are plugging your monitor into.!!!! Someone else will have to come along and hold your hand. Remember google is your friend. Try "using tv as a monitor for my pc".