1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer not starting up.. random things happening.

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by hyphy, Apr 20, 2007.

1. hyphy

hyphy Guest

Ok so when i start up my computer, it will do one of many things :

- freeze on startup immediately,
    - start up normally,
    - flash a blue screen, then shut down,
    - freeze, then suddenly reboot itself,
    - boot up until an error pops up: lsass.exe error,
    - or i get the blue screen of death.

i have seen two different blue screens. The first one, which hasn't reappeared yet, said something about a corrupt or damaged video drive.

for the other blue screen, i was able to take a picture of it. here is:[​IMG]

in that pic, it describes some acpi problem. just to let you guys know, when my computer starts up normally, a new hardware notification pops up that says "ACPI Uniprocessor PC". I have never experienced this before all these bootup problems, and i am unable to click on the notification.
    thanks in advance

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

First, do the best you can at following those directions from that blue screen.

3. hyphy

hyphy Guest

im kinda skeptical about the legitimacy of that screen, since i have recieved 2 completely different blue screens with completely different directions. well, lately, i tried to boot it up without the battery in it, and it booted up correctly. thing is, is that the plug got pulled, and now it seems to freeze on startup WAY more. would the battery make a difference? because i think my battery might be damaged because since i've gotten my laptop, its been plugged in probably 95 percent of all its lifetime.

4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

It's possible. Hundreds of thousands of batteries have been recalled lately because they are garbage. See if your's is part of any recall.