1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer shutting down

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by jtheod, Mar 30, 2007.

1. jtheod

jtheod Member

I installed a wireless adapter, and then later in the day was prompted to install microsoft defender. I already had AVG and a trial version of Norton. During the install I was prompted to remove one of the two (maybe both wasn't quite sure), but I kept AVG. The next time I restarted my computer it constantly restarted before the previous restart had completed. I can only keep it running in safemode. While in safemode, I did a restore to a point before installing the adapter, but it still keeps restarting. Any suggestions from the experts?? And will a repair install help me??

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

you should never have more than 1 virus sofware on your computer, i would take out my hardrive, back it up, re install windows and put back the stufgf i needed, this is the quickest and easyist way possible, been through it 5 times and trust me get some guides from the internet or a book store and do it